Alcohol is the most commonly used addictive drug in the United States. There are people who are diagnosed with alcoholism and begin a treatment program every day. Alcohol is a contradiction.
People drink for social gatherings and fun, but sadly some people have no control over their drinking. Some people drink, especially young people, to fit into a social circle or peer groups to appear “cool,” but the unfortunate truth is many teenagers and young adults get peer pressured into taking their first drink.
Just like drugs, the drinking may start off as recreational, but then you find yourself drinking alone, and you may even become dependent and have to drink to feel normal, but there is always hope. Over half of the people who suffer from alcoholism do achieve and maintain sobriety after going through a treatment program.
If you or a loved one is suffering from alcohol abuse, it is time to seek treatment at one of the alcohol rehabilitation centers that are focused on individualized treatment which will help you get better. There are alcohol rehab centers for men and women if you believe being in a gender specific environment will aid you in your sobriety. Here are some signs that may indicate it is time for you to get help.
- You are concerned about drinking habits – Maybe you are having a moment of self-reflection because of something that has happened and you are now concerned about your behavior linked to your drinking. If you are worried about the amount you are drinking, then it may be time to check yourself into an alcohol treatment center.
- Others are concerned about your drinking – Have your friends or family had to discuss your behavior when you are drinking or expressed concern about the amount you are drinking? If so, that should be a red flag that you may have a problem. The people close to you want the best for you, and if they are showing concern when it comes to your drinking habits, you should be concerned too.
- Harmful behavior – When you drink you can not only lose your inhibitions, you can also engage in reckless, harmful, and dangerous behaviors. If you’ve made bad decisions, such as driving while drunk, then it is time to think about getting some professional help.
- Neglecting responsibilities – When drinking becomes a priority over work, family, friends, financial responsibilities, and important events, it is a clear sign that you have a drinking problem. Nothing should take priority over your loved ones, your source of income, and the things that are important in your life. If drinking has taken top priority, it is time to look into joining the program at one of the alcohol rehab facilities.
- You can’t quit – You know the damage your drinking has caused to your family, your freedom, your finances, and your relationships, and as much as you have tried you cannot stop yourself from having that drink. This is one of the universal signs that you need professional help, and need to find the alcohol rehabilitation centers that will help you achieve the goal of sobriety and healthy living.
Alcoholism in some shape, form, and fashion, takes the lives of tens of thousands of people each year. You do not have to be a part of this number. There are alcohol treatment centers out there that will help you to get your life back on track, and if you are looking for alcohol rehab centers for men, His House may be just the location for you.
His House Rehab offers industry leading Alcohol Treatment Program. We were founded in 1994 and we base our Drug and Alcohol Treatment programs on five key principles: commitment, honesty, integrity, respect, and service. These five principles guide us in all that we do and all the care we provide. Contact us today to see how we can help you or your loved one at (888) 681-4594.